fredag den 14. november 2014

Jawa WIP and Unpainted

Time for another collaboration piece. This time i collaborated with the super duper talented Chris Battle. I'm a huge fan of his style so when he visited the school where I hang out (these days anyway) I just had to ask if he'd be interested in collaborating. He was more than happy and even had a piece he'd wanted made 3D for a long time.

Concept by Chris Battle: http://chrisbattleillustration.blogspot.com/

Chris even supplied me w a plan. I call it: My Battle Plan ^_^ (yes, shoot me now pls)


(Ain't he cute?)


10 Hours (Finished):







0.5 hours:



Nice little armature.

2 Hours:

  



This is the first time I will try to bake super sculpy twice. I do this because all the surfaces need to be sanded really smooth and it would be very difficult to make the face smooth if I were to sculpt everything in one go. I made grooves in the back of the head so the second layer of sculpy would hopefully stick.

3 Hours:



Baked and sanded to perfection

3.5 Hours:



I cut out the groove for the belt to make sculpting the belt easier.

4.5 Hours:



Sculpted belt and pouches.

7 Hours:




I managed to add another layer of sculpy without any trouble :) I will use that method in the future, as it will make it much easier and quicker to do a sculpture in stages rather than in just one go. You don't have to be as careful ruining what you have already sculpted and hard surfaces can be introduced earlier in the process. This is very useful if it is a piece with many big hard edges in the basic shape.

Next up: Painting !

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar