fredag den 22. april 2011

Callidus Assassin

I've been playing the board game Warhammer Fantasy for the better part of my childhood and teenage years. I was rubbish at it, but I was mainly in it for the minatures as you can well imagine.

I'd never done a piece from the Warhammer universe before so I decided to give it a go. I wanted to do a Callidus assasin from the Warhammer 40.000 universe. From Wikipedia:

Callidus: Latin for "cunning". Specializing in trickery, deception, deceit, infiltration and impersonation. Their greatest asset is their ability to use the shape-changing drug Polymorphine. This drug, coupled with special training, allows Callidus agents to change their very shape and appearance allowing them to impersonate other persons, members of the opposite sex, and even humanoid aliens like Orks and Eldar.

I wanted to show an assassin in the process of changing shape. She'd be turning into the person she'd just killed. I thought of adding the body from the beheaded man to the base of the piece, but it turned out to be too time consuming for me. I left her with the head alone. It solved my design problems and it still looks cool.





I made it in green stuff and used guitar strings for the tubes ( think it was an A string :-P) I cheated and used small plastic skulls from the warhammer fantasy minature range.

Photos by Greta Clemente

The model alone is about 15 cm tall. I made the base in sculpy and painted it with Citadel colours.




I imagined the transformation process to look a lot like Han Solo being freed from his carbonite prison in Star Wars Episode 6

Photos by Anders Clausen

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar